This week in Stressed-Less Living we discussed hitting the Reset Button in Chapter 11, The way we can do this is a six step process.
- 1. Realign Your Life
- 2. Recognize Your Need
- 3. Adjust Your Focus
- 4. Be Filled with the Spirit
- 5. Be Faithful in Your Prayer, Life
- 6. Believe God is Who He Says.
Boy howdy Do I need to do this. I feel as if through most of these bible studies that I have read the material but not really implemented it to my life. So as you and God is my witness I am going to stop going through the motions and actually make a change. We have learned alot during this study. One thing I am definitely taking away this time is the Verse Mapping part. I haven’t done it as much as I should have but I am still trying to work out the kinks. I am good at starting things but then I quickly lose confidence in doing them. Whether I do them right or not I automatically start thinking I am not doing things right.
1, Realign My Life. So first things first. I am going to “Realign My Life”. According to Tracie Miles we must Realign our lives by getting into Gods Word.So I need to first start out reading Gods word and implementing the Verse Mapping I have recently learned in order to get by in Alignment with God. I haven’t thought of where a good place to start is but I am going to do this. It may be that I focus on one verse or one chapter or go by how the bible is often set up and One Segment of a chapter or two. For example, As in one of my bibles in Philippians Chapter 4. Starting with Verse 1. The title states “Joy of Giving, Words of Encouragement”, then Verse 10 is titled “Paul’s Thanks for Their Gifts” and verse 21 is titled “Paul’s Final Greetings” So maybe I will start with the Joy of Giving and read that segment first and during the week verse map each verse or maybe a couple depending on the number of verses are in each segment. I need to realign my life with Christ because as is stated in John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” So if I am not in alignment then I am not with the truth, the way and the life.
2. Recognize Your Need. That is easy for the most part. But I need to Recognize that I need God way before I reach the end of my rope. Because lets face it we are often holding on to strands of rope before we seek help. So before I get there I need to seek God. Read his word and Pray to him. Ask him what he sees is my need rather than try to figure it out on my own. As our reflection verse states. And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray of. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. Romans 8:26. I know I often feel like I just do not have the words or worse yet have no idea which way I should pray. For instance. Should I pray for God to make a job happen or should I pray for him to show me which choice I should make. I have been out of work for a couple of months now. I recently got an interview and they want to hire me. So do I take the job or do I wait for something else to come around? How should I word this prayer. Well I guess, Just say So God What do you think?
3. Adjust Your Focus. I need to focus on God not on myself. I have already proven that I am not capable of doing this on my own and I need him. I need to start my day and end my day praying to God and keep in touch throughout the day. So, I need to realize that “The Lord is the everlasting, God, the Creator, of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding” Isaiah 40:28. How can I not focus on him his understanding cannot even be measured. My understanding remains on the shallow end of the pool. You know the part where we place babies in so they can just sit in the water without being held and can splash. That shallow.
4. Be Filled with the Spirit. As Tracie says we are pulled toward self-sufficiency. Its a strong pull. We fight and argue and demand other and ourselves to notice that we are not dependent on other yet we are independent. Its a source of pride we carry. To depend on God goes against all we hold dear. Because we do not want to submit to God. Which is one reason we want to do it ourselves. When we do things ourselves we take pride in what we accomplish. I am so bad about this because I want people to see me as an intelligent self-sufficient capable woman. Not some weak, incompetent, and needy woman. I want people to realize that I don’t need them. Which is sad because at the same time. I need someone to need me. So by not needing them I show them they don’t need me either. God created millions of people on this earth and yet we are so focused not not needing any of them and yet wanting someone who needs us. I always say that God put all these people on this planet so we can help one another out when someone needs help. Yet the moment we feel weak we run away and scream. I don’t need you I can do it all by myself. But we do need each other and whats more important we need the one who created us to begin with. He should know what to do he did in fact create us so why wouldn’t he know our needs and want to help. Allowing someone to help us isn’t true weakness in the end. Accepting that help is where we truly show our strength.
5. Be Faithful in Your Prayer Life. I have a bad habit of not being faithful in this area. I desire to have a connection with God yet I do not do the simplest thing to accomplish that connection. Simply talking to God. What a simple concept and a simple thing to do. Just talk to God daily. I look at my schedule and guess what I actually have plenty of time to Pray to God and have conversations with him. So what really is keeping me from picking up the phone and dialing his number? Probably the feeling that he doesn’t want to talk to me anyway. Or maybe i just feel silly talking to someone I cannot see.
6. Believe God is Who He Says. I guess this would be the hardest and the easiest thing to do. Because I often Doubt God is who he says he is. I doubt he cares about me. I doubt he even knows I exist. Sometimes, I doubt he is even real. I see his creation everywhere and I even see evidence that he exist but sometimes I feel so alone and so lost that I wonder if he is even real. This part has always been a struggle for me. Because I am of two minds often. I will fight anyone he denies he exist and yet still wonder whether he is real. Then I wonder if he is a God who loves me and has died for me. Because it makes no since. I don’t think I would die for myself much less die for someone else. So why would someone die for me. Especially if they don’t know who I am. Yet he created me so he must know who I am.
God, I know you are real. I know you love me. I know you want what is best for me. I really want to connect with you. So today, I as for you to help me and keep me in check as I start to hit the “”Reset Button” of our relationship and begin to realign my life with yours. I want to be filled with your spirit. I want to be faithful in my prayer life and even my bible studies. I want to be reminded daily that you are in fact whom you say you are. You are my Lord and Savior. You are the most important being in my life. You are in fact my Father. Forgive me for all the time I have already turned my back on you. Help me to stay focused on you.